There are many ways to get to know Cuba, but for photography buffs the best without doubt is to perform a Photography Tour to Cuba, several days to enjoy photography and at the same time discover Cuba so deeply, separating from the usual tourist circuit.
My name is Louis Alarcon, I have been living and working intermittently in Cuba since 1998 and I’m one of the leading specialists in Photo Tours and Workshops to Cuba.
I am a teacher and have specialized in telling stories through documentary and artistic photography, I manage the international account of Cuba in Instagram and I created the largest video channel on youtube about traveling to Cuba with millions of visits and an exclusive channel on Photo Tours in Cuba.
My web is specialized to 100% in Cuban photography in it you can find dozens of photographic series that will help you understand the island and get to know some historical moments that are being currently experienced.
Photo tours and workshops to Cuba organized by:
Also you will be able to see the dates, prices and conditions of our next photographic trips to Cuba, neither your nationality nor your photographic level matters.
These are our next workshops of photography in Cuba , 2018 , 2019 and 2020.
Workshops and Photo Tours in Cuba 2018 , 2019 and 2020.
Cuba has many advantages over other countries, not only by its light, but by the charming character of its people and by the ease with which you can make portraits and street photo, a discipline that is almost impossible to practice in other countries such as Morocco.
Our camera will be like a key that will allow us to enter many places and situations that go unnoticed for the tourist, also because I only work with small groups, we can be more flexible in my trips. My groups are not superior to 7 travelers.
Here you can see my photographic series in Cuba in youtube and vimeo : HERE
Videos about my workshops:
More short videos about my Photo Tours around Cuba :
MAIN PHOTOGRAPHIC ACTIVITIES IN MY GUIDED PHOTO TOURS TO CUBA
- Outlying districts (no tourism there)
- Old Havana (I´d like to call “the new old Havana” )
- Graffitis and paintings on the walls & Callejón Hamel (special street painted)
- Religion: visit a house of a “Santero” (afrocuban priest)
- Colonial houses (old furnitures and old cuban owners)
- Outdoor Architecture (Buikdings with enchantment)
- Panoramic photography from the other side of the city.
- Sunset in special places
- One of the most special and high terraces in Havana
- Charming streets (street photography and contact with the people are two of the strongest points in this photo tour)
- Review and analysis of pictures
- Fototeca de la Habana Vieja (National photography institute)
- Visits to photographic expositions.
- Looking for changes in the new Cuba
- Hemingway route (Hotel – bodeguida and Floridida Pubs where the writer was living in Cuba)
- Cuban parties
- Visits to painters in our day to day.
- Family houses
Recommended by Tripadvisor.